NGD: '96 Gretsch Sparkle Jet '57RI --Bigsby brilliance

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
magikalex333
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: NGD: '96 Gretsch Sparkle Jet '57RI --Bigsby brilliance

Post by magikalex333 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:57 pm

(removed)
Last edited by magikalex333 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smjenkins
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smjenkins » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:57 pm

That guitar is amazing. I've always wanted to try dynasonics but could never commit to them for a build.

This will make me sound like a terrible american brainwashed by ads, but damn if those inlays don't look like the Lowe's logo.

ludobag1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ludobag1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 am

nice ,i lurk since a long time a gretch like this
to stay in tune with bigsby use ,the only way i arrive to this is using locking tuners plus roller bridge
what i haved discorver
cause of the angled headstock 3+3,the string are not straight behind the nut then there is some friction to the side of the nut that you can fight with graphite nut sauce ect ..... but this friction cause unwrapping and rewraping strings on the axes of tuner when using bigby (not with low movement but if you pull down the bar and let it return to picth ,there is flaw cause by the string wraping)
to avoid this locking tuner are the best
the different between jazzmaster trem and bigsby is the way it change the pitch ,on jazzmaster little move of string but the strenght is moved ,on bigsby no real change in strenght but the string move (shorter or longer) it is the way they are designed
on my t400 dearmond with a bigsby b6 copy i have roller bridge stock but with the stock tuner it was pain to stay in tune ,since i have put locking tuner i haved used the bigsby like another trem without tuning mess each time ,i can do a rehearsale complete with use of it without being out of tune
i have the same type of pups on my T400 and i am fan of them (not like p9O that i don't like very much) this pups twang a lot ,are not dark and have a nice crunch sound