Hello from a soon to become offset guitar owner :)

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Gruffeljos
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from a soon to become offset guitar owner :)

Post by Gruffeljos » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:18 am

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this forum for years and years but never actually bought an offset guitar.
Initially being inspired by Jimi Hendrix thanks to my dad who used to play Hendrix over and over in the car, I soon got into alternative / grunge / noiserock which was pretty obvious as a 90s rebellion kid (born late 1978). My first guitar was a very cheap Strat copy by Hohner. The only one I could afford from the local shop as a teenager and it looked like the one Jimi Hendrix played :D

Later on, I moved into hardcore and (groove)metal territory like Helmet, Fugazi, Pantera,… and bought me a Jackson Rhoads. When I started to lose interest in heavy guitars I sold the whole lot to buy me years later a second hand London City Spitfire. My musical interest went back to the (early) 90s vibes and with growing up I started to appreciate some softer guitar playing. Thurston Moore, Lee Ranaldo, J Mascis, Frusciante, Ian McKaye are of a big influence and recently very much digging that postpunk Fontaines DC / Idles tone.

Because short of cash I sold everything guitar related (complete rig, cables included) a couple of years ago, I only kept my acoustic Martin. Now finally arrive at the point I can afford me some decent gear again. Just scored a second hand Orange Rockerverb 50W and played some offset models in various guitar shops. Still making up my mind what offset to buy but very soon to become (finally) an offset guitar owner 😊

Thanks for all the interesting reads here and happy to join this board !
Josh

MazzyJaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from a soon to become offset guitar owner :)

Post by MazzyJaster » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:14 am

Hiya mate :)

guitalias
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by guitalias » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:01 pm

G'day 🐨

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by whitewatersky » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:00 pm

howdy !

SadFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SadFuzz » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:14 am

Love fugazi, welcome! Hope you enjoy your Orange.
icerinkband.bandcamp.com

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by whitewatersky » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:59 am

Speaking of Fugazi, a few years back it was Mardi Gras night in Sydney and a friend and I went wandering out for a beer.
Nothing but Village People and Donna Summer in pubs (natch) which was no biggy but we weren’t feeling in boogyin mood.

Wandered into a pub (The Hopetoun) and who should be playing but none other than ... Joe Lally !
We had completely forgotten the show was that night and cos he had already started they didn’t want us to pay.
He was super cool to watch and a really nice guy afterwards when we bought CDs. Such a slinky cool musical set