List all your keyboards and synths!

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: List all your keyboards and synths!

Post by mackerelmint » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:41 pm

JV 1010
Akai MPK
Casio MT 45 (hot shit, I tell you)
MicroKorg

Also a ton of plugs, these are the good ones that I find to be worth using
Mr Ray
Mr Tramp
FM8
OBXd

And from the Arturia collection I like
Continental V
Minimoog
Prophet V

Would like a Poly D, but I'm still waiting (impatiently) on that god damned vaporware UB-Xa.

Oh, also, I guess there's a proper piano in the living room now, that counts.
This is an excellent rectangle

tade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tade » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Odonian wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:17 am
Currently I have

Digitakt
Digitone
Novation bass station

Yamaha fb01
Kawai k1m

These last two I've been wanting to sell but havent been getting any bites locally.

I read a lot about Elektron gear having a steep learning curve before getting my digi boxes, but I found that for me and my specific brain their workflow has been the most intuitive of any electronic gear I've used. I plan on ending up with an Elektron A4 which would probably end up replacing the bass station as it seems it covers a lot of the same ground.
I think that the main reason for Elektron’s reputation as being difficult to learn is because of the Octatrack, I personally think they’re a step ahead many other brands.

Odonian
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Odonian » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:51 pm

tade wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 pm

I think that the main reason for Elektron’s reputation as being difficult to learn is because of the Octatrack, I personally think they’re a step ahead many other brands.
I've never personally used an Octatrack but that does appear to be the case from what I've read. The Digitone is an incredibly intuitive synth for programming sounds from scratch and after getting the Digitakt I couldn't fathom all the years I spent making everything in an MPC, the Elektron boxes have been so intuitive and fast to use for me. Not to mention p.locks.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 pm

updated my list :-[

Hoping to add an Oberheim Xpander soon.

tade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tade » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:43 am

Odonian wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:51 pm
tade wrote:

I've never personally used an Octatrack but that does appear to be the case from what I've read. The Digitone is an incredibly intuitive synth for programming sounds from scratch and after getting the Digitakt I couldn't fathom all the years I spent making everything in an MPC, the Elektron boxes have been so intuitive and fast to use for me. Not to mention p.locks.
Unless something very interesting crosses my path, my next synth will be a Digitone.
P. Locks are so useful that I miss them in any other sequencer I have.

Odonian
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Odonian » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:02 am

tade wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:43 am
Odonian wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:51 pm
tade wrote:

Unless something very interesting crosses my path, my next synth will be a Digitone.
P. Locks are so useful that I miss them in any other sequencer I have.
I absolutely love the digitone! With the elektron sequencer effects and modulation setup, it already does way more than most fm, also it has filters, so it's really a lot more than just an fm synth, I dont think you could be disappointed in it unless you had bought it completely blind and didnt like the character of its voice.

I tried to switch to working in Ableton for a while to have the ability to do the kind of stuff in the sequencer you can do with p.locks, it was way less fast and way less intuitive than doing it on an elektron box.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:31 am

The Digitone is amazing. My buddy did some sound design for it (Matia from Inhalt) and I was blown away. Made me want to ditch my Yamaha TX816.

Ringo11
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Ringo11 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:00 pm

I’ve got a Jen SX1000 and Jennings Univox J4/5

(I’m not a keyboard player....) 8)

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Monotron Delay
Yamaha Reface DX
MPC Live
Eurorack - loading up a Mantis case with whatever I can afford near the top of the modular grid lists. Figure start with what's been successful for others, then branch out based on needs/preferences

Recently sold a Juno 60 at quite a profit to get into eurorack. I'm not keyboard player but I was able to make something much closer to music with the Juno than the Eurorack. The Eurorack is super fun though, and I can lose hours at a time just experimenting. I'm sure it will start to make more sense.

MPC Live is a beast, I would probably sell my guitars before this thing. It's got instruments, sampling, sequencing, mixing...not without shortcomings but crazy powerful.

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SignoftheDragon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:08 am

I have 4 at the moment-

Microkorg (drummer uses it for vintage-y synth washes between songs while I switch guitars, etc)
Microkorg XL (I use this one-handed for arpegiator riffs, etc- so far only on one song)
Yamaha PSR e465? not sure on the actual model, but I use the arpegiator on this one quite a bit. It's simple and entry-level, but it sounds GREAT.
Otamatone Deluxe (not sure if it counts?) for fun, but I haven't really found a use for it yet in live performance. Maybe someday. Makes some cool wokka-wokka sounds- very theremin-like but with an additional acoustic chamber 'mouth' control.

I've toyed around with a couple drone generators- had a Voice of Saturn module that was pretty cool. Always wanted to dink around with a Grndel Drone Commander too... maybe someday.

countertext
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by countertext » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 am

Alesis Micron
Yamaha DGX-505
:(

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Ringo11 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:00 pm
I’ve got a Jen SX1000 and Jennings Univox J4/5
Nice! I've always wanted to try both of those 8)
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm
Recently sold a Juno 60 at quite a profit to get into eurorack. I'm not keyboard player but I was able to make something much closer to music with the Juno than the Eurorack. The Eurorack is super fun though, and I can lose hours at a time just experimenting. I'm sure it will start to make more sense.
I'm on my 3rd Juno 60 haha. It was a bargain and it's really nice. It's absurd how much they go for now but whatever... but I've been very creative with it so far so it stays. I can't do eurorack. I can't deal with the close proximity of all the knobs. I have a 5U system that I get a lot of use from.

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:23 pm

OffYourFace wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:47 pm
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:33 pm
I'm on my 3rd Juno 60 haha.... It's absurd how much they go for now but whatever... I can't do eurorack. I can't deal with the close proximity of all the knobs. I have a 5U system that I get a lot of use from.
I would love another some day, but it felt kind of ridiculous to have a keyboard worth that much when I can't really play. Plus I don't have a ton of space, which is one reason I went with euro over 5u. If I had my own office or spare bedroom to keep everything, and money to afford stuff, the bigger the better. I sold a bunch of guitar pedals and now I'm buying 3.5mm cables and have an excess of 1/4" cables. :wacko:

kaboodle45
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kaboodle45 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:34 am

Korg Minilogue XD (great for a beginner like me)
Elektron Digitakt (enjoy it, but also find it quite frustrating)
Pocket Operator Po-32

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am

OffYourFace wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 pm

Hoping to add an Oberheim Xpander soon.
I want an OB-8...I’ve had 2 OB-X’s but always sold them..lovely tone but too basic..also Xpanders and Matrix 12’s But found the sweet spot too small even though the possibilities are endless with that synth..

I feel like the OB-8 will be in the middle??