RIP Ennio Morricone

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: RIP Ennio Morricone

Post by Maggieo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:06 pm

mackerelmint wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:25 am
The thing about The Mission is that the melodies are astonishingly beautiful and simple. Nothing is there that doesn't need to be there. And the voices of the child choir, well, that brought me to tears of joy.
If you say so. It always made me lethargic and grouchy, which is why I have such bad memories of it.
It sucks when outside factors ruin a piece of art.

I still hate Springsteen, The Doors, Styx, Bob Seger, etc... because that's the music all the bullies in my school listened to. The soundtrack of my days as a lemur.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:07 am

Maggieo wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:06 pm
mackerelmint wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:25 am
The thing about The Mission is that the melodies are astonishingly beautiful and simple. Nothing is there that doesn't need to be there. And the voices of the child choir, well, that brought me to tears of joy.
If you say so. It always made me lethargic and grouchy, which is why I have such bad memories of it.
It sucks when outside factors ruin a piece of art.

I still hate Springsteen, The Doors, Styx, Bob Seger, etc... because that's the music all the bullies in my school listened to. The soundtrack of my days as a lemur.
That's not really it, though. I always hated it, because that's how it made me feel, lethargic and grouchy. The bad memories are because I heard it in its entirety at least once a week for nearly a year, and often for a couple more. Days and days of my life lost to that crappy soundtrack and the way it affected me.
This is an excellent rectangle

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:39 pm

The way some of his music, specifically the late sixties stuff, sounds is obviously great. We all know this. I know that I’m not alone in how it’s become this internal soundtrack for my imagination.

I don’t spend a lot of time fantasizing about being a secret agent/anti-hero/space captain/whatever talking to smoking hot ladies and having sex with few consequences, but hearing the music of this legend just puts me there. I love it.