Hello from Tokyo!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
TheAugusteVibrato
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Tokyo!

Post by TheAugusteVibrato » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi, new member, American living in Tokyo.

I currently have three offsets - an MIJ Mustang MG73CO, MIM Duo-Sonic HS with rosewood (not pau ferro) fretboard, and an MIJ Ibanez Roadcore RC1720M.

Currently wrestling with the Mustang, which I've had for a few years, to get the vibrato to work well and thinking about asking a couple questions on here about that.

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Tokyo!

Post by whitewatersky » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:08 am

Konnichiwa, where do you live? I lived in Japan for a couple years in the 90s and go back every year.
Worked only 1 station from Ochanomizu so lots guitar perving went on (and still does when I go over!)

TheAugusteVibrato
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by TheAugusteVibrato » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:22 am

Hi! I'll just say I live in a more "rural" part of Tokyo rather than central Tokyo, although I'm still within the official boundaries, haha.

I've actually only been to Ochanomizu once, when I was looking for a then-new Offset Series Duo-Sonic HS - according to the website of one of the shops there, Ishibashi if I remember right, said they had the color I wanted, but when I went all the way down there, they didn't. Still had fun looking at all the stuff in the shops. I remember a used special run Fender Japan electric ukulele particularly well, haha.

I ended up ordering the Duo-Sonic sight-unseen from a branch of one of the big chain shops in, like, Hiroshima or something. I think it ended up being Ishibashi, too.

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by whitewatersky » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:27 pm

I bought my Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod at this place. great place to buy. let you just play away and try things out.
https://www.kurosawagakki.com/pages/taxfree.html

so many cool guitars there....