PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: your effects setup?

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:39 pm

zhivago wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm
I completed my Home Board today...

8)
Yannis, that board is absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful use of spacing, great pedal choices, great color schemes. I could rock the hell out of that myself as well 8) What pedals do you have set for which loop of your loop pedal?

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:51 am
huh, weird. i've found every cbread pedal i've tried to be a nice but bland version of whatever sound it's copping. i like pedals to have bags of character and the boonar certainly does. i totally see how it would NOT work with certain setups tho.

i just remembered, my biggest beef with the cb echorec was the wimpy oscillations and the boonar oscillates really nicely.
That's interesting. I don't know that I ever paid any attention to the oscillation sound. My big thing with a Echorec-based pedal is the multi-heads as the entire thing that captures my attention. I usually play with multiple delays, and when I discovered that sound, I was just blown away (Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii for the record).
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:54 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:39 am
MechaBulletBill wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:20 am
consider the dawner boonar over the catalinbread. i've had both and the boonar is loads better.
I've had both too, and I hated the Boonar. I wasn't in love with Z.Vex-esque sideways enclosure, but I got it because I liked the head buttons better. I thought it sounded lackluster compared to the Echorec.
I still have both, and my favourite changes regularly! They are surprisingly different, considering they are trying to copy the same thing.

My perfect hybrid would probably be the Echorec with the preamp switchable (whether the pedal is bypassed or not) and separate head switches, like the Boonar.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:22 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:39 pm
zhivago wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm
I completed my Home Board today...

8)
Yannis, that board is absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful use of spacing, great pedal choices, great color schemes. I could rock the hell out of that myself as well 8) What pedals do you have set for which loop of your loop pedal?
Hey thanks! It's all my favourites from the past few years, with the exception of the the Fathom, which I bought a few months ago.

It is a weird loop option...

Loop 1 is the Klon + Model H
Loop 2 is the Fuzz Factory + MXR EQ

I find having them set like that I can switch between the two loops with one stomp, or stack them. I can also have a real high gain sound that I can switch back to clean with one stomp when I have the Klon and H together. For the 80s metal moments. :D :-[

The Octane and Wah are in front of the rest of the stuff, so I occasionally stack the Octane into the Fuzz Factory, which is quite an experience. :D

Tuner goes out to, ermmm, the tuner
and I use the A/B switch to quickly mute the guitar

It works pretty well, and it is by far the most complex board I've ever had. 8)
Resident Spartan.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:00 am

zhivago wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:22 am
Hey thanks! It's all my favourites from the past few years, with the exception of the the Fathom, which I bought a few months ago.

It is a weird loop option...

Loop 1 is the Klon + Model H
Loop 2 is the Fuzz Factory + MXR EQ

I find having them set like that I can switch between the two loops with one stomp, or stack them. I can also have a real high gain sound that I can switch back to clean with one stomp when I have the Klon and H together. For the 80s metal moments. :D :-[

The Octane and Wah are in front of the rest of the stuff, so I occasionally stack the Octane into the Fuzz Factory, which is quite an experience. :D

Tuner goes out to, ermmm, the tuner
and I use the A/B switch to quickly mute the guitar

It works pretty well, and it is by far the most complex board I've ever had. 8)
I love it. I enjoy complex board, and complex switching especially. I love the idea of having 2 different gain groupings in different loops, like 2 different presets, and the fact that you can still use them together (ABY) is great. Only thing better/extra would be if you could run them in parallel. I've also been eyeing a Dimension C, but more likely for synth than guitar or bass, but I LOVE that sound.

JVG wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:54 am
My perfect hybrid would probably be the Echorec with the preamp switchable (whether the pedal is bypassed or not) and separate head switches, like the Boonar.
That would be amazing. Echorec sound with Boonar controls. I always had hope that Catalinbread would do a Deluxe version like they did with the Belle Epoch, but without Howard there anymore, I have my doubts. A Deluxe version would've been perfect.
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sunburster » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:23 pm

New evolution on my Pedaltrain Classic 1. Eventide Pitchfactor and Neunaber Immerse MKII are out. DIG, Boss PS-2 and Wrath V2 distortion are in (along with an Eventide Powermini on the bottom, connected to the Powermax -- this gives me 11 isolated power outlets). Happier now, but I still want a good phaser and will probably add a tuner too at that point (currently using one off-board), which will necessitate a move to a Pedaltrain Classic 2 to fit it all. But after that I should be done (hopefully?). I don't really want to go to a board bigger than a Classic 2. I was really trying to stick with a Classic 1 but I love delay pedals too much. :w00t: If pressed I could live without the DIG, but I choose not to!

I love the Boss PS-2, by the way. I bought that thinking I'd just fool around with it once in awhile but it became a fixture on my board that I will not remove. Nothing sounds like its delay, and the pitchshifter can be usable with suitable effect pairing. Its self-oscillation is really interesting too, and sounds quite different from other pedals. There is a high-pitch hum heard through the amp if the delay time knob is turned all the way CCW, but that's not hard to work around.

Signal chain: TS mini > Loomer > Wrath > PS-2 > DIG > Ola > Flint > Timeline > DD-500 > Big Sky

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:18 am

I've been looking at the Idiotbox Effects Han-Taun (Klon clone). He's got a sale on right now too. I've never played a Klon/Klon clone. How close is the Klon circuit to the EQD Westwood? I know the Westwood was advertised as a "transparent overdrive", but I didn't know if it was a Klon circuit or not.

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sunburster » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:30 pm

I moved up to a Pedaltrain Classic 2, got rid of the DIG and added back the Immerse MKII plus a Gilamondo phaser and Polytune 3 mini.

This is everything I need, so I'm hopefully done now. :w00t:

Signal path: Polytune 3 Mini > TS Mini > Loomer > Wrath > Gilamondo > PS-2 > Ola > Flint > DD-500 > Timeline > Big Sky > Immerse MKII

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:37 am

sunburster wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:30 pm
I moved up to a Pedaltrain Classic 2, got rid of the DIG and added back the Immerse MKII plus a Gilamondo phaser and Polytune 3 mini.

This is everything I need, so I'm hopefully done now. :w00t:

Signal path: Polytune 3 Mini > TS Mini > Loomer > Wrath > Gilamondo > PS-2 > Ola > Flint > DD-500 > Timeline > Big Sky > Immerse MKII
This looks like a great board. Very close the eventual board I have in mind.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Apologies for the rat's nest (and slightly blurry picture (though aren't all of my pictures blurry?)), but my EHX Pitch Fork Plus arrived (completely by surprise!) Friday, so I had to try it out. I decided that since it's the last pedal I've been waiting for for my home board, that I needed to hook everything up to see how they all played together. So, I hooked up the mothership :D

First impressions of the Pitch Fork Plus are that it's got a bit more of a learning curve than I'm used to, so I'm gonna be sitting down with a manual for a little bit. It came with some presets built-in, a couple are pretty good (like the de-tune chorus sound from the POG2!!!!), but a couple are kind of cheesy. I will probably get rid of the factory presets for the ones I dislike, and only have a few. Basically, I really only want POG type sounds, but I figure that the Pitch Fork can do SO much more, so it was a good pick. Tracking is excellent so far too!

Assuming that I jive with the Pitch Fork, this will be the final iteration of my home board. The signal chain is: [Jazzmaster] > tuner > Greer Amps Lamplighter compressor > EHX Pitch Fork Plus > EQD Afterneath > EQD Grand Orbiter > Catalinbread Naga Viper > Boss LS-2 (IdiotBox Power Drive > Magnetic Effects Lonely Robot > EQD Westwood > EQD The Dunes) > Caroline Parabola > Lehle splitter (dry side to Peavey Delta Blues) > Boss LS-2 (Catalinbread Echorec > Caroline Kilobyte > EQD Space Spiral) > Caroline Météore > EHX 720 looper > [Marshall Origin 20C]

I'm still deciding on a final order for my gain pedals, and I'll be trying out where the Pitch Fork goes, though I think after the compressor is perfect. I wouldn't want to fuck with the tracking by putting it any later. The only other order change would be if I decided to move my Météore before my delays, but probably not. When I build the final board (board itself), there will be a volume pedal between the Lehle splitter and the Caroline Parabola.

I also messed with turning the volume on my gain pedals up and pulling the volume back with the Boss LS-2, and it was awesome. A couple of the gain pedals sounded better with a higher volume on them.

EDIT: Also! I think my hunt for fuzz is over! The IdiotBox Power Drive sounds SO good and just the right amount of fuzzy. VERY VERY versatile drive pedal. There's a part of me that wants to get another Analogman Sunface though.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

I changed my amp from a Laney LH50R to a Peavey Mark VI and added a new DIY 2x12 cab, so I needed to rearrange my pedals. I added the (slightly modded) BD-2 as an always-on OD first in line and it just slays. I'm using this with my Squier VI.

:boobs:

Vinkie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vinkie » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:24 pm

Here is my latest setup. I am very fond of the new Sarno pedals, Earth Drive and Doozy Boost. The drive is very responsive, lots of harmonics, great for my always-on with low gain preferences.

Another 'new' effect is a vintage WEM Watkins Copicat MKII from '64. Really lucky with it, looks as great as it sounds and has been meticulously maintained for decades. The echo is lovely, great for moody dark semi-oscillating soundscapes but a great single slapback as well. Love the compression and slight drive from the all-tube handwired preamp. Even with all echos switched off it's a great preamp/booster.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:21 am

Lovely set up! Cute cat!

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 am

Aw, what a cute kitty.
This is an excellent rectangle

Vinkie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vinkie » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:39 am

Thanks! The pedalboard is my stageboard for rehearsals and gigs with my band The Maureens (http://themaureens.com/). I love the tremolo and vibrato from the Voodoo Vibe. The blue TC Electronic Flashback Mini is at the end of the chain. If I switch it on it silently samples me for 6 seconds and then starts playing it in reverse in a 50/50 mix with my direct signal. So if I plan carefully I can duet with myself from a few seconds ago in reverse. Trust me this can get very weird, especially combined with swells from my volume pedal and the EAR AD4096mk2 echo on the edge of oscillation.

I am planning a minimal setup for at home and smaller gigs, involving the Copicat and my '78 VibroChamp. I'd like to limit myself to an always-on Sarno Earth Drive, volume pedal w/tuner and the Copicat wired in a loop switch pedal. This together with the footswitchable tremolo from the amp should allow me to cover a lot of ground similar to my stage setup, with so few pedals I wouldn't even put them on a board. And it would allow me to use the Copicat in a creative way as it can be a footswitchable booster, slapback reverb or semi-oscillating soundscapy echo, depending on its settings.

Meneer Henk is a happy 14 year old Tuxedo cat, he's such a sweet guy. We're really fond of each other. He expresses his love by headbumping my guitars and gear when I'm around as he seems to understand these are important items to me.

Vinkie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vinkie » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 am

Some more Copicat pics: