Long time lurker, new member!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Novae
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Long time lurker, new member!

Post by Novae » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Hello hello!

I've been browsing OSG for a few years and decided to join the community myself. I'm from Finland and i'm in my early 20's.

When i was in my teens, my first electric was the Squier JMJM. I was into Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr and Nirvana during that time, which i have gone back to this year interestingly. I actively play guitar and sometimes bass. I occasionally make electronic music in Reaper with a Korg Minilogue XD, along with some 808 and 909 drum machine VSTs, just for fun.

My taste in music is a wide range of things. From more classical stuff (Ryuichi Sakamoto - 1996 album), electronic music (Aphex Twin & Hello Meteor), ambient music (How To Disappear Completely), funkier stuff (Khruangbin), kinda proggy garage rock (Thee Oh Sees) and abrasive sounding noise rock (A Place To Bury Strangers). Most recent discovery has been "The War On Drugs". I'm loving the "A Deeper Understanding" album.

My love for offsets resurfaced this year and it was coming back last year too. That's when i started getting GAS for a Jazzmaster/Jaguar. I sold a guitar and an amp recently to finally purchase an offset. It should be on its way in 1-2 weeks and hopefully it will be in my hands mid-october. This is the most impatient i've been as a young adult so far ;D

I'm very excited to finally be a part of this community!

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Long time lurker, new member!

Post by SignoftheDragon » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 am

Welcome!

Looking forward to offset pics!