Norwegian webshop leak: American Professional II Jazzmaster

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Norwegian webshop leak: American Professional II Jazzmaster

Post by GreenKnee » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 am

Vendetagainst wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 pm
You know, one thing I'm interested in is whether third parties will manufacture vibratos with more range now that Fender did. If there is high demand for a wider range vibrato and Fender won't sell one or if it's really expensive, I can see a third party making their own take on this.
I have a Mastery vibrato and its range already is a lot wider than the standard Fender vibrato. Full down my strings are slack, unmusical warble and rattle, and then pulls back up to normal pitch. I use it on a Jaguar, whether the 24" scale affects much I don't know. But I use it Floyd rose style quite a lot in my band

Loobster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loobster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:51 am

They should do the custom shop one. So bougie.

Bradley-Jazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bradley-Jazz » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:51 am

You know, one thing I'm interested in is whether third parties will manufacture vibratos with more range now that Fender did. If there is high demand for a wider range vibrato and Fender won't sell one or if it's really expensive, I can see a third party making their own take on this.
Am I wrong, or are all the non-custom shop components available as spares? (E.g. AM Pro bridge), in which case maybe the trem will become available. I’d also be interested if Fender have patented the new pivot mechanism so that third parties can’t copy it...
All the cheeses....

Vendetagainst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vendetagainst » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:24 am

GreenKnee wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 am
Vendetagainst wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 pm
I have a Mastery vibrato and its range already is a lot wider than the standard Fender vibrato. Full down my strings are slack, unmusical warble and rattle, and then pulls back up to normal pitch. I use it on a Jaguar, whether the 24" scale affects much I don't know. But I use it Floyd rose style quite a lot in my band
Oh wow, I actually didn't know that the Mastery had that kind of range. Given that thrash metal is one of the genres I play, that sounds really useful. Thanks for the info!

Fredescu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Fredescu » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:59 pm

adamrobertt wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:39 am
New vibrato looks really interesting. Fender must know that there are thousands of people chomping at the bit to buy such a unit... they could even charge like $150 to undercut Mastery. They'd probably sell a ton of them. But will they even bother?
They sold the old AmPro bridge, so I don't see why they wouldn't sell this one. It's just another part.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 am

Got one... wow this finish is incredible up close. So metallic and deep. Too bad the clear coat is so glossy that every photo I tried to get of it was just a guitar-shaped mirror. You'll just have to look at it from a distance. Sounds and feels good too.