New guitar day

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New guitar day

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:16 pm

Gavanti wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:56 am
Congrats. This looks great. I'll be interested to hear more of your take on the MHS pickups.
I think I am now reading that the MHS 2 pickups are Alnico 5, instead of the 2 and 3 that the MHS pickups were. On paper, I probably would have wanted the other magnets, however, these pickups are wonderful and inspiring and I don't see changing them at any point. Clean, clear and powerful, great dynamic range. Everything you could ask for.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New guitar day

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:19 pm

mediocreplayer wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 am
Congrats! Looks awesome and from what you say everything else is awesome as well.

I will confess though, that once the 330 showed up in the pictures, I did not look at the 335 again. I know all the theory of course, but can you quickly compare the two based on these fresh first impressions?
Well, after your post I kind of A/B'd them, and they are not entirely dissimilar guitars at this point.

The neck is basically the same, and I put in low wind P90s in the ES-330 and since the ES-335 has what seems like pretty low wind PAF pickups, the two aren't really all the different.

I would say that the PAFs are more direct and powerful, a little more in your face. Both have clean sounds I'm happy with at this point.

However, I am a little disappointed in the ES-330 at the moment and think I'll take it back to the shop. I had an Ilitch noise removing system put in, and I don't think the tech did a very good job. I am getting more noise than expected, and also he didn't wire it up completely correctly.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.