The new one from Bavaria in Germany

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
jagstanger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

The new one from Bavaria in Germany

Post by jagstanger » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:12 am

Hello forum!

I'm Luke from Bavaria in Germany. I came to the Forum, as I was searching for Stuff for my Jag Stang and stumbled upon the nice Jag Stang Prototype Thread. So where to start...

I started playing classic acoustic guitar when I was 9 (I'm 37 now). A friend of my Dad said: When you're good enough, I'll buy you a electric guitar. So i practised a lot, and when i was 12 i got my first Yamaha 821DMR. A year before I got Nevermind from a friend of the family, so I already started to get in the world of Grunge and Punk Rock. Besides Soul and Rock and Rock n Roll from my parents side. So with 13 I started the first band with a friend (started covering Nirvana and later coming to Hardcore and New Metal - I know - weird combination. But it worked with hip hoppers, punk rockers and metal heads in the band). In that time I also saw the Jag Stang in 1997 in our local music store and got it.

We disbanded, when I was 18. and I went on to the next band, which was a Punk Rock band. Playing there, till i was 23. After that working took it's toll and I didn't have time for bands, unfortunately. From time to time I jammed with the drummer from the second band, but it's difficult to find time.

So now the guitars where in the basement for a time and I just took out the Jag Stang to get it in good playing condition again, some weeks ago. As I want to swap the original Pickups to a Seymour Duncan JB and a Texas Special Single Coil, I was looking for wiring diagrams, to see how I have to wire the JB and came across the forum.

I'm here to look stuff up for the Jag Stang, get in touch with others for mods and maybe find stuff here to buy, 'cause I was way too long abscent from playing and need to start again.

Maybe a little info, on the gear I have:

Jag Stang in Sonic Blue (1997)
Ibanez AX 7221 7 String in Grey Pewter (2000 No Offset)
Yamaha 821DMR in Faded Blue (1996)
Ibanez TCY10 semi acoustic in Yellow (1999)
Engl Powerball Amp (tube)
Pedals: EH Big Muff, EH Small Clone, Boss DS1, MXR Phase 90 Vintange

I think, thats it for now. Hope to get good infos and conversations here.

Best
Luke

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The new one from Bavaria in Germany

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:04 am

Welcome Luke from Bavaria! I would like to get to Bavaria some day, I have always understood it to be a beautiful and wonderful place. Good to have you here!
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

jagstanger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by jagstanger » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:58 am

Hey Larry,

thanks for the warm welcome. You have to come to Bavaria. It's beautiful here! :)
Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:35 am

Willkommen und Gruß aus Köln! 🍻
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.