~Introduction Thread~

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Dr Tony Balls
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

~Introduction Thread~

Post by Dr Tony Balls » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:14 am

Hi all. Tony "Balls" here. I'm a long long long time gear junkie, builder, tinkerer, etc. Based in Brooklyn NY for the past 17 years, and Houston TX before that. I'm a regular on a bunch of other forums (freestompboxes, DAM, Electrical Audio, etc). Guitar-wise i'm a Fender fanatic, including many offsets through the years but in truth I seem to really gel with a tele or tele-ish things. Bass-wise, Fender P and J and sometimes G&L....also I have a Squier Bass VI that like everyone else i'm modding....currently waiting for some new strings to hopefully finally get it going proper.

I've been a small (boutique, if you wanna call it that) builder of pedals and amps for over a decade now under the name Balls. Its admittedly a stupid name but whatever its been my nickname for years and I try not to take myself too seriously. Ive built ~850 pedals and ~50 amps to date, all by hand, all just me cranking em out. It looks like i've been mentioned on this board in the past (i'll post in those threads soon). Anyway here's a couple pics of my stuff:

Thanks for having me!
Instagram: thetonyballs

countertext
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ~Introduction Thread~

Post by countertext » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Nice to see you here, Tony. Some of us are familiar with or at least aware of your work. This is the best gear forum, so please hang around.

Erick Coleman introduced me to your stuff way back. I just gave my old RAT to my nephew, so I may have to contact you about a superior replacement.

Dr Tony Balls
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ~Introduction Thread~

Post by Dr Tony Balls » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:55 am

countertext wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:24 pm
Nice to see you here, Tony. Some of us are familiar with or at least aware of your work. This is the best gear forum, so please hang around.

Erick Coleman introduced me to your stuff way back. I just gave my old RAT to my nephew, so I may have to contact you about a superior replacement.
Hey! Yep, we've been Instagram friends for ages now and I think it's just from that Coleman connection. An yep for sure lemme know if you're on the RAT hunt. I have my own altered version thats part of my regular product, and then one that I make in small quantity that's kind of a Swiss-Army-RAT.
Instagram: thetonyballs