Hello from Haymarket VA

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
SurfLove
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Haymarket VA

Post by SurfLove » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:28 pm

New member here! Just bought my first Jaguar after wanting one for as long as I can remember. Years of playing rock, blues and funk, never lead me to buying one, but being a guy who first fell in love with the electric guitar when I heard my first surf tune at age 9, I've always loved the tone that you can only really get from a Jag (or a Mosrite of course). Recently my wife saw the empty space in my guitar stand and said I really need another guitar to fill that space :w00t: so of course I immediately started searching, and not being in a position to buy an actual vintage Jag or the new American Original 60s Jag, I researched and pulled the trigger on a new Vintera 60s Jag. Have to say it is a pretty good guitar for the price and after I do a full setup and a few upgrades (bridge, pickups, tremolo, etc.) think it will be sweet. So I also thought I needed to join this forum to hopefully take advantage of all the knowledge here.

Sorry to be so long winded, but really looking forward to interacting with you all!

whitewatersky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Haymarket VA

Post by whitewatersky » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:53 pm

Aloha ! have fun with it !

SurfLove
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SurfLove » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:09 pm

I plan to! Mahalo nui loa whitewatersky!

hexes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hexes » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:04 pm

welcome. This forum will give you all the info to make that thing play as good as it can. since you're into surf music, are you on the surfguitar101 forum as well? A lot of us are on both.

SurfLove
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SurfLove » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi and thanks hexes, appreciate it. I was on the surfguitar101 forum a quite a while ago but haven't visited recently. I'll need to do that. Thanks for the reminder!