Strymon Mobius

Everyone needs a stompbox.
tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Strymon Mobius

Post by tune_link » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:27 am

Thinking about replacing a few pedals on my board with a Strymon Mobius. Do any of you all have one/use it that can tell me if you have any personal issues with things about it, etc? I see that it can do chorus, vibrato, phaser and all kind of other insane stuff. My one thing that concerns me is that as a shoegazer I tend to layer these kinds of effects and from what I've read the Mobius only allows you to use one of them at a time. I tend to use my flanger and chorus together quite a bit. From what I can hear in some of the demos though, a few of the chorus settings seem like they'd kind of do a flange thing simultaneously and vice versa with the flange settings. I don't have any of the big box Strymon pedals and have tended to steer clear of these kind of interface things with lots of presets, etc just for ease of use but am reconsidering my stance on that because I want to be able to do really out there things and I'm pretty tired of the old "try x pedal and sell it and then try another pedal and sell it" over and over and figured if I could just endlessly tweak presets I might prefer to just have one big thing that could do it all. As always any and all input is appreciated.

charmonder
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Strymon Mobius

Post by charmonder » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 am

the boss md-500 can do two patches at once!

haven't tried either of the pedals but I absolutely love my DD-500

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:54 pm

I haven’t used that pedal, but it sounds like you’re asking it to do something it’s not designed for? It might got 1-2 sounds that are “kinda okay”, but how often does that satisfy?

You’d be better looking at a multi effect pedal that can combine a few effects together, like the Zoom that a lot of people recommend here.

Or something like the Keeley dual modulation pedal or the Moer Mod Factory, that are designed to do exactly what you want; 2 separate modulation engines.

https://robertkeeley.com/product/super ... rkstation/

The Keeley you can find used for $200 and the Moer is cheaper than that new.

I have an Eventide Timefactor and it has a dual delay engine. If you set the delays short enough and use the modulation or filter functions, you can get a lot of Cocteau Twins type sounds out of it, but that works for me, it might not for you. The Mod Factor and H-9, cannot do that, although the H-9 has a couple of algorithms that can, it would probably be the same result as the Strymon in the end. Kinda okay.

tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tune_link » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:36 pm

Appreciate the input yall. I think I’m going to continue to steer away from the big box Strymon stuff for now. I have a Blue Sky and the El Capistan and I love em but I’m not sure I need some of the over the top number of banks or options esp at the price point that their bigger boxes offer. I have a CE2 Waza that I absolutely love for chorus and I think I’m gonna just get a Deco to replace my flanger and keep using my MXR phaser. I think maybe I let the Destoyer engine in this thing give me some real bad GAS but as sure as I plunk down the cash they’ll drop that as some kind of stand alone pedal.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm

I think you’re better off with doing exactly what you just said. The Deco is a better quality flanger as its focused to that.

It can also do other stuff really good!

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:21 am

I want a Deco so bad :?