I'm in love with a bird.

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: I'm in love with a bird.

Post by Maggieo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:00 am

I love it. Bluebursts are so damn pretty. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Flurko
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Flurko » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:35 pm

Really lovely! I think I would prefer the blue sparkle without the burst, but everyone's taste in sparkly guitars is wholly subjective. I'm really intrigued by how it sounds, lately I've been taking different guitars to practice , each with wholly different pickups and I end up feeling the sound the same way when I'm playing, but afterwards I can always tell by the recording if I was playing hot humbuckers, lipsticks or JM pickups, even if in the room with my setup everything always feels "right" when dialed the right way.

I love the little explanation of what the controls too, I'd llove to see a guitar with a complex wiring clearly explained and labelled in a permanent way, like a complex 70's hi-fi component.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:46 pm

Flurko wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:35 pm
Really lovely! I think I would prefer the blue sparkle without the burst, but everyone's taste in sparkly guitars is wholly subjective. I'm really intrigued by how it sounds, lately I've been taking different guitars to practice , each with wholly different pickups and I end up feeling the sound the same way when I'm playing, but afterwards I can always tell by the recording if I was playing hot humbuckers, lipsticks or JM pickups, even if in the room with my setup everything always feels "right" when dialed the right way.

I love the little explanation of what the controls too, I'd llove to see a guitar with a complex wiring clearly explained and labelled in a permanent way, like a complex 70's hi-fi component.
You can never go wrong with blue sparkle, but without the burst it would look a bit too much like my '62 Jag:

As for how it sounds, the short answer is "good!" The long answer is that the bridge pickup is bright and jangly, the neck pickup is quite fat, and the combination of the two together is great. The neck pickup is a lot louder and thicker than the bridge pickup, which is a sore point for a lot of people, but it's not as big a mismatch as a Tele Custom, so I guess it depends on your perspective.
Maggieo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:00 am
I love it. Bluebursts are so damn pretty. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I know, right? I have no flipping idea why they're so uncommon. They're my favourite burst!
ainm wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:52 am
That guitar is ridiculous - I love it! Congrats.

Switches are like chillis - you can never have too many but some folk just can't handle them.
Thanks, and I totally agree. Jaguars have ruined me. When I play a guitar with two knobs and a three-way switch, it feels downright naked. I'd love to try the Pelham Blue P90 version of this guitar, but it's got a stop tailpiece and nothing but two knobs and a three-way. It's like a Thunderbird that had its soul drained out of its body.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

VWJagster
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by VWJagster » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:44 am

Gorgeous! I've been lusting for one for a long time and if they came in that color, I'd already have one.