J Mascis would've loved this Jazzmaster....

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Marc
Expat
Expat

Re: J Mascis would of loved this Jazzmaster....

Post by Marc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:26 am

Normally I let that sort of thing go, because teaching basic infant-level english to internet users is a task that is beyond anyone's capabilities. I'll even ignore people inserting apostropes into plurals, usually. But "would of"? That's just unforgivable.
Actually - I think that as English isn't Jon's first language you deserve him an apology for your outbust.

But you must apologise to him in Greek - we will check your grammar.

Ta ta.
Yes the cat has opposing thumbs and extra digits.

Naturality
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Naturality » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:30 am

Marc wrote: Actually - I think that as English isn't Jon's first language you deserve him an apology for your outbust.
But he's been in England for 12 years now

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 am

that is true...I am actualy Greek...to be quite honest I didn't know how to react to this whole thing :(
Last edited by zhivago on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:33 am

Naturality wrote:
Marc wrote: Actually - I think that as English isn't Jon's first language you deserve him an apology for your outbust.
But he's been in England for 12 years now
thank you for furthering my embarrassment over this.

can we all just drop this...I edited the title...let's all just look at the sparkle.
Resident Spartan.

Naturality
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: J Mascis would've loved this Jazzmaster....

Post by Naturality » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:48 am

Yeah, back to the guitar. She's pretty I particularly like the matching headstock

JazzBlaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzBlaster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:04 pm

:-*  I like the white to, perhaps a pearloid gold would only look good on a darker purple.
It's not about the gear! It's about you, your hands, your imagination, your feelings.

cmatthes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cmatthes » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:05 pm

Wow.

That's almost my PERFECT JM!!

Thanks for posting and making me feel all tingly inside.
:?

djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:35 am

zhiv -I do apologise if english isn't your first language. I get annoyed with how many people don't try to improve themselves when it comes to written language. Since it's a written forum, it does matter when glaring mistakes are perpetuated.

It doesn't take much to keep an open mind and to know that there's always room for improvement, and you reacted in the best possible way by simply fixing the mistake and not getting all defensive about it. That says a lot about you - you're clearly a highly evolved human being. Good for you. If more people reacted as reasonably as you the world would be a better place.

So, sorry if my sarcasm was a little heavy, I make mistakes myself all the time. The difference being that some of us try to learn from them rather than pretend we're perfect already.
-=264=-

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:54 am

djetz wrote: zhiv -I do apologise if english isn't your first language. I get annoyed with how many people don't try to improve themselves when it comes to written language. Since it's a written forum, it does matter when glaring mistakes are perpetuated.

It doesn't take much to keep an open mind and to know that there's always room for improvement, and you reacted in the best possible way by simply fixing the mistake and not getting all defensive about it. That says a lot about you - you're clearly a highly evolved human being. Good for you. If more people reacted as reasonably as you the world would be a better place.

So, sorry if my sarcasm was a little heavy, I make mistakes myself all the time. The difference being that some of us try to learn from them rather than pretend we're perfect already.
not to worry, it's all ok....

it's good you brought it to my attention, so I won't make the same mistake again  :)

now, back to the sparkly offsets!
Resident Spartan.

haledixon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by haledixon » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:56 am

+1 for the boards first certifiable grammar nazi.

note: henceforth proofread everthing to avoid beratement by djetz's superior english skillz.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:02 am

haledixon wrote: +1 for the boards first certifiable grammar nazi.

note: henceforth proofread everthing to avoid beratement by djetz's superior english skillz.
oh man....c'mon.....let's drop the whole grammar thing...it's done now...no  need to carry this on

let's look at the sparkly Jazzmaster....please? :(
Resident Spartan.

djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:17 am

haledixon wrote: +1 for the boards first certifiable grammar nazi.

Just in case you missed it:

I don't pretend to be superior to anything, and despite my admittedly (and apologised for) too-heavy sarcasm, my actual reason for posting it was to HELP people to avoid making the same mistake. I'm a high school drop-out who is basically self-educated. If people didn't take the time to help me with my mistakes, I'd still be making them. Admitting you make mistakes and being prepared to learn from them is a sign of emotional maturity. I leave it to you to decide what calling someone a grammar nazi is a sign of.
-=264=-

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:49 am

zhivago wrote: ....from years and years ago....this belonged to an old FDP member...he had it customised

Looks MIJ to me?  Any idea if that's true?

I dig the sparkle but that bright purple isn't my bag, baby.  Maybe J. and Prince could battle it out for the rights to play it?
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:52 am

I know zhivago doesn't want to carry this on any further, and I respect that... but I have one last thing to say and feel it should be said:

Insulting people, even under the guise of "helping them" is not acceptable on this board. The post was downright offensive. I realize djetz has apologised, and that's cool... but it just seems a little glib to me to try to say it was only intended to help. References such as "infant-level" and the like are not helpful. Just because Zhiv was cool about it and fixed his mistake doesn't mean it wasn't offensive to others and in no way justifies it after the fact.

We have thick skins, and good natured sarcasm is always OK... but personal attacks aren't. You came off as a dick whether you meant to or not.
Q. Are we not men?

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 am

As far as the guitar is concerned, I just noticed on that last pic that the whole neck was painted over.. You can see the purple between the pickguard and fretboard....   Looking at the other pics confirmed this....  Now, that's just too much for me!  Matching headstock is the most color I can accept on a Fender!