Vox Ultrasonic gut-shots....kinda....

Everyone needs a stompbox.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Vox Ultrasonic gut-shots....kinda....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 am

Hi folks,

I've had this guitar a while now & a couple of people here & on the "other" site have asked if I can supply gut shots.

I had to change the circuit battery today so I took off the back panel & had a wee look inside. It appears that the circuitboards are pretty hard to photograph without taking the thing apart, something I'm reluctant to do.
Eventually I'm taking the whole guitar over to Ben's place (theworkoffire) so that he can fit an NOS 6-string neck I have lying around. I'll possibly see if he can get a better look at the innards as they need a good clean anyway. Since I put the guitar's original 12-string neck back on & plugged it in the effects have developed some minor issues, namely scratchy pots & a bit of volume drop in the Repeater circuit. The Palm-Wah has always caused massive volume drop so it'd be nice to see if that can be remedied, one day.

Anyway, blahblahblah.... Here are the pictures. Pretty useless for people planning on building their own circuit but maybe of interest to people who....er....like looking at old shit from the inside.

Also, notice in picture 1 the circle where a press stud used to be screwed. The screw popped out when I pulled the back panel off (those circular cloth press-studded covers) and I had to carefully screw it back in. The thread caught but this is just another reason why I'm reluctant to keep taking the guitar apart.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.